Senior & Junior RMIN majors are invited to apply to participate in the 2018 trip to visit the London insurance market. Participants will learn about the London marketplace first hand by attending lectures, seminars and one-on-one sessions with Underwriters, Brokers,and Reinsurers.
We will select approximately 8 to 10 students. Those students graduating May 2018 through December 2019 are welcome to apply.
Students will share hotel rooms - up to 3 students in a room.
Is this trip right for me?
The London Insurance Market Student Trip is a fast-paced, advanced level trip. Selected students will have access to Commercial Property and Casualty insurance professionals from all over the globe. Therefore, this trip is best suited for students who are interested in pursuing a career in commercial P&C.
All students will actively interact with the professionals -- in formal business settings, as well as, socially. Activities include lunches, dinners and receptions. It is a great opportunity to develop your networking skills while taking in the views of historic London!
Due to this unprecedented access to the movers & shakers of the international P&C market, completion of RMIN 4000 is required. We prefer to select students who have also completed RMIN 5100S, though students enrolled in RMIN 5100S during Spring semester will be considered.
Requirements for Student Participants:·
- Participants must commit to the full trip, Sunday, May 13th at noon and returning on Saturday, May 19th. (Note: Suggest that you depart on overnight flight on Friday, May 11th. Participants will have Saturday to adjust to the time difference and explore London. Participants must be present for lunch time meeting on Sunday, May 13th. When the program concludes on May 19th, Participants may stay in London on their own expenses.)
- Participants must attend all scheduled sessions, meetings and meals while in London.
- Participants must have, or be able to obtain, a valid passport prior to travel.
- Participants must pay a non-refundable Program Fee of $500 within 1 week of selection. (If selected to participate. However, if money is a hardship, please discuss with me when you submit your application.)
- Participants must attend three (3) one-hour Educational Sessions in April to learn more about the London marketplace prior to the trip.
: Through funds provided by the RMI International Fellows and Scholars Fund, the RMI Program will pay for the flight, hotel, and some meals while in London. Students are responsible for transportation costs to/from the Atlanta airport, passports, and all other costs while in London. Specifically, students are responsible for meals on travel days, all meals and activities on Saturday, May 12th (free day), one meal on Sunday, May 13th, and 2 to 3 dinners on "off-evenings" on Monday to Friday while in London.
If you would like to learn more, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would be happy to discuss the trip with you in more detail.