Programs > Brochure
Franklin College of Arts & Sciences Cortona Study Abroad Scholarships
|Restrictions:||UGA applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Franklin College of Arts and Sciences
GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATION
UGA Cortona Study Abroad Scholarships
- Must be a currently enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application, and an applicant is expected to take an appropriate program full-course load (minimum of 9 hours for summer; minimum of 12 hours for fall and spring) during the study abroad experience. Must also be Undergraduate or Graduate in an Art or Art History degree-seeking or intended major or declared minor. Please see the below list of scholarships for transient or non-transient (UGA student) eligibility.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 at the time of this application.
- A 1-2 page essay (500-1000 words) that outlines your educational, personal, and professional goals and explains, in turn, how these connect to your plans for studying abroad in Cortona.
- In addition to the recommendation provided within your program application, a second recommendation is required, attesting to your academic qualifications and personal attributes. Ask your evaluator to explain how they know you and how long they had an opportunity to observe your academic and personal accomplishments. For best results, you should approach professors and instructors who have taught you advanced or challenging subjects. If you choose a recommender who are not university faculty, they should speak to extra-curricular or work activities that are highly relevant to your major or other professional goals. This recommendation should be submitted electronically through the online application's recommendations section. Recommendations from relatives are not appropriate.
These scholarships are based on both need and merit, therefore:
An applicant must already have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA form—that is, a FAFSA based on taxes filed in January of the previous year. Once a FAFSA has assessed your financial need, that summary is sent to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid, where it becomes a part of your records in ATHENA. All scholarship applicants must upload an ATHENA “Awards Overview” for the current academic year. A delay in FAFSA application may prevent an applicant from meeting our scholarship deadline. We cannot extend our scholarship application deadline, nor can we accept an application that does not contain an “Awards Overview” for the current academic year.
Scholarships for Students Majoring in Art or Art History
- DEL MARTIN AMICA di CORTONA SCHOLARSHIP (UGA students only) - scholarships in the range of $1,000-$1,500 per student
- RICK JOHNSON SCHOLARSHIP (UGA students only) - scholarships in the range of $1,200-$1,500 per student
- KEHOE SCHOLARSHIP (UGA students only) - awards of up to $2,000 for undergraduates and up to $3,000 for graduate students
- JANE WILLSON SCHOLARSHIP (UGA students only) - scholarships in the range of $3,000-$5,000 per student
- MIKE NICHOLSON DRAWING & PAINTING (UGA students only) - awards of up to $500 per student
- JUDY VOSS JONES CORTONA SCHOLARSHIP (transients and UGA students) - scholarships in the range of $1,000-$1,500 per student
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR APPLICATION
No matter whether you are applying for one or for a number of different scholarships, we need ONLY ONE SET of support documents. In other words, along with your scholarship application, provide only:
- 1 Screenshot or PDF of your current academic year Awards Overview from ATHENA
- Follow these instructions:
- Log in to ATHENA and select "Financial Aid."
- Select "Award."
- Select "Award for Aid Year."
- Select the second tab, "Award Overview."
- Take a screenshot of your "Award Overview," OR save the "Award Overview" as a PDF.
- Upload this file to your scholarship application.
- 1 Essay
- Recommendation 1 (already provided in complete program application)
- Recommendation 2
- Have a completed UGA Cortona program application in the GoAbroad Portal