|Restrictions:||UGA applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||01/19/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
SUMMER (not rolling admissions):
Scholarship Deadline for Early Program Admission: October 13, 2017
Scholarship Notifications for Early Program Admission: October 23, 2017
Standard Admission Deadline: January 19, 2018Standard Admission Notifications: February 02, 2018
FALL (not rolling admissions):
Scholarship Deadline for Early Program Admission: December 01, 2017
Scholarship Notifications for Early Program Admission: December 15, 2017
Standard Admission Deadline: March 02, 2018Standard Admission Notifications: March 16, 2018
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
UGA Foundation Incentive Scholarships:
UGA Cortona, UGA Costa Rica, & UGA at Oxford
We look forward to reviewing your application!
GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY FOR APPLICATION
- An applicant must be a non-transient, degree-seeking major at the University of Georgia and completed at least one semester as an undergraduate or graduate student at UGA prior to taking part in a study abroad program.
- An applicant must be in good standing at the time of submission of this application as well as during any semester s/he is to receive scholarship funds. Preference will be given to applicants with a 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher.
- An applicant must be enrolled for at least 10 credit hours during the semester of application, and an applicant is expected to take an appropriate full-course load (3 hours for a Fall/Spring break; 6-9 hours for summer; 12-15 hours for fall and spring) during the study abroad experience.
- Have a COMPLETED PROGRAM APPLICATION for a Centers Abroad study abroad program in the GoAbroad Portal.
- An applicant must complete the ONLINE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION in the GoAbroad Portal (goabroad.uga.edu) to be considered for the award. The application shall include the following information:
- An applicant is highly encouraged to file for a Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA form – that is, a FAFSA based on taxes filed in January of the previous year. Once the FAFSA has assessed your financial need, that summary is sent to the UGA Office of Student Financial Aid, where it becomes a part of your records in ATHENA, or your Awards Overview.
- To qualify for scholarship consideration, applicants must upload an ATHENA "Award Overview" for the current academic year.
I M P O R T A N T M E S S A G E:
If you have not yet filed a FAFSA for this current academic year, we urge you to file for this assessment well before the scholarship deadline.
- A ONE-PAGE ESSAY that outlines your educational, personal, and professional goals and explains, in turn, how these connect to your plans for study abroad.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR APPLICATIONNo matter whether you are applying for one or for a number of different scholarships, we need ONLY ONE SET of support documents (items 4 and 5a-c above). In other words, along with your application, provide only:
- 1 PDF upload of your current academic year Award Overview from ATHENA
- Follow these instructions:
- Log in to ATHENA and select "Financial Aid."
- Select "Award."
- Select "Award for Aid Year."
- Select the second tab, "Award Overview."
- Save the full "Award Overview" page as a PDF file.
- Upload this file to your program application.
- Follow these instructions:
- 1 Essay
- Have a completed program application for a study abroad program in the GoAbroad Portal
MORE INFORMATION: OIE Funding and Scholarships page
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION: Click the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this page.